Insert Molding with Leading Edge Technology and Greater Efficiencies.
To best suit your insert molding needs we are dedicated to developing leading edge technology.
Kamek offers three types of insert molding:
- Low volume: 100-1000 parts.
- The operator loads all inserts one at a time.
- Medium volume: 1000-10,000 parts.
- The operator loads multiple inserts with the aid of a loading device.
- All insets are prepared (oriented) outside of the mold by a vibratory bowl feeder.
- High volume: 100,000 parts or more.
- The loading of the mold is done automatically and becomes integral to the automatic molding cycle.
- We select the best application for your needs, by evaluating the configuration of the insert, the tolerance of the shut off area, the type of insert material, and the quantity required.
Insert Molding – The Benefits of this process include Customized Components for Less, and more ...
The assembly of discrete parts through soldering, connectors, fasteners, or adhesives is labor-intensive and costly.
Insert molding uses the plastic injection molding process to join separate parts together into a single component.
In addition to greater efficiency, insert molding offers many other benefits:
- Lower Costs
- Because multiple parts are joined together during the manufacturing process, labor costs and assembly time are greatly reduced.
- You get a high-quality component for less.
- Greater Durability
- Plastic resins hold parts more securely than soldering, connectors or adhesives, resulting in a more durable component.
- With insert molding, you will also avoid assembly problems like improper alignment.
- Plastic also offers better buffering against vibration and shocks.
- Lighter Components
- Metal connectors add weight.
- With insert molding the weight and size of components is greatly reduced because parts are joined with strong but lightweight plastic resin.
- Choice in Design
- With few restrictions on design or material combinations, we can produce highly customized assemblies, ensuring your components meet your exact requirements.
Expertise Creating Micro-precision Components in Thermoplastics
Using our leading edge proprietary technology, our processes offer fast turnaround times and less waste, resulting in greater efficiencies all around.
We combine manual and automated techniques to ensure optimum results in all of our products.
In partnership with leading tool manufacturers around the globe, we offer expertise in tooling which results in reliable and consistent production of your components.
We aim high, always striving to create quality components while eliminating error and waste.
Insert Molded Parts :
How Does Insert Molding Work?
Insert molding is an extension of the plastic injection molding process.
In insert molding, the insert, which may be made of metal or plastic, is placed into a custom-designed mold or cavity.
Plastic resin is then injected around the insert and cooled.
This process allows for the use of many materials, including polyethylene, polypropylene, polyvinyl chloride, and many other thermoplastics.
Insert molding is used extensively in large industries, including automotive, medical devices, and electronics.
Contact us today! to learn more about insert molding services.